PDA

View Full Version : His and her Brazilian. My wife and I.

oregonfpdoc
05-07-2008, 02:32 AM
A bit of background. Married 23 years. 46 and 44 years old. Two teens at home. Both business suit professionals.
We've been shaving each other for about 5-6 years. I love the smooth look and feel on both of us. For me, with tough skin I can shave, epilate or whatever with no bother. She has terrible ingrowns and chafing that she's tolerated.

She found a Valentines Day laser special locally and wanted to start with underarms. She spoke to them and worked a deal and said to me..."If you'll do the full Brazilian laser I will too".

After the first treatment she added full legs so will have laser from the axillae down, all off....my dream.

About me, I considered this a long time. It is a lifetime decision. We went together and after three trips there could not be happier. Results exceed expectations, to understate it.

Apogee Elite dual band with 755-nm Alexandrite laser and the 1064-nm Nd:YAG laser.

The 755-nm is perfect for her type-2 light skin/dark body hair.
The 755-nm burned me a bit on my darker scrotal skin and peri-anal area. I knew laser would hurt and tried to be too tough and tolerated what amounted to some skin burning. Switching to the 1064 YAG on my second trip for the more pigmented type 4 skin areas I have prevented the blisters from the first treatment....perfect.

We found a buy 4/get 6 pricing deal and got a further price break for the multiple areas we're getting done together.

The place is treating us every 6 weeks, closer than most I've read, but the promotional pricing gives us free-forever touchups. Quite a deal so I am not worried about the shorter than usual interval between treatments.

So far, after three treatments, most recently fife weeks ago:

Her arm pits seem, amazingly 100% gone. I can find a rare fine hair. I know with time more will appear perhaps.

Her legs after two treatments...maybe still on the "hair holiday" but 80% reduction.

Her pubic hair...She's a type-1 skin down there with very course dark hair. The dark thick ones are 100% gone. Her labia have a good number of fine light hairs that may be resistant but are invisible from three feet without good light and close inspection.

Me! My vanishing pubic hair.
I'm thrilled 90% gone. A few fine but dark hairs are coming in.

Fourth treatment for us both in a week.

I'll update.

Fantastic experience, save the blisters on my darker areas the first time.

Money well spent thus far and it's been a fantastic bonding experience for my lifetime committed monogamous life with my lovely wife.

mom2manyboyz
05-07-2008, 11:01 PM
Good to hear the treatments went well for you. From my experience the treatments work well in the areas you described. Thank you for sharing your experience. Did you mention that you had blisters? I did not experience that. Any idea what caused that?

oregonfpdoc
05-08-2008, 02:38 AM
Good to hear the treatments went well for you. From my experience the treatments work well in the areas you described. Thank you for sharing your experience. Did you mention that you had blisters? I did not experience that. Any idea what caused that?

Yes, I'm 100% sure I know what caused the blisters.

a. I'm mostly a type 2 to 3 skin down there. I'm Mediterranean European descent and have some deeply dark pigmented areas on lateral scrotum and underside of my penis.

b. The 755-nm alexandrite settings that have worked wonderfully for my lighter areas was too much energy/heat for those darker areas.

c. I went in the first time with an "I'm tough and can take a little pain" attitude. I (now) know very distinctly the difference between appropriate hair-treatment discomfort and skin-damage pain. The first treatment sitting I gritted my teeth through the skin damage pain. Had I said "ouch" the tech would have backed off the settings. Now I've found that with the Apogee machine the 1064-nm setting is more appropriate for these quite darkly pigmented areas.

The two guys I know who have been treated at that center are very light skinned. I have to be honest and admit that mostly it is women who get laser treatments of their perineal areas and I know hat I'm a bit on their learning curve....not ideal, but real world true.

During the second treatment I immediately said ouch at the treatment/damage boundary and changing wavelengths proved perfect.

I think 1064 is less ideal for hair removal but is the compromise for very dark skin that I have in some areas.

Next session in a week.

My wife and I both shaved 5 days ago.
She's got almost no discernible axillary hair.
Her legs are sparse.
Her mons and inner thighs are devoid of all course hair, a few fine ones linger.
Her labia majora have quite a few fine light hairs that,frankly, are cute if they prove to be resistant to obliteration.

I'm thrilled with the paucity of my genital hair. Where I once had thick course hair on my mons and shaft I have a few thin stragglers. My scrotum has a lot of widely spaced micro-fine hairs that should be treatable. My lateral scrotum have some neglected areas and my inner thighs have maybe 10% of what the untreated areas have.

Wish us luck.

tater03
05-08-2008, 03:58 PM
Free forever touch ups. That is a great deal. Thanks for sharing your experience with us and I am glad to hear that you are so happy with the results.

mollyL
05-08-2008, 11:44 PM
Now I will be wondering who the family practice doc is the secret Brazilian-wearer!

oregonfpdoc
05-10-2008, 03:39 AM
Now I will be wondering who the family practice doc is the secret Brazilian-wearer!

Indeed, you may wonder.

I've had some patients, mostly female, ask me about my opinion regarding laser hair removal.

The opinion I can now give them is far more informed than they might ever imagine.;)
Rest assured that they will never ever know what is under my conservative white coat.
I, quite often, see private things under clothing that would be surprising or shocking to their casual acquaintances. Patient/physician confidentiality applies in both directions.

Keep wondering, Molly my dear. Unlikely as it may be, we might know each other.

oregonfpdoc
05-10-2008, 03:45 AM

Indeed, you may wonder.

I've had some patients, mostly female, ask me about my opinion regarding laser hair removal.

The opinion I can now give them is far more informed than they might ever imagine.;)
Rest assured that they will never ever know what is under my conservative white coat.

I, quite often, see private things under clothing that would be surprising or shocking to their casual acquaintances.
Patient/physician confidentiality applies in both directions and is sacrosanct.

Keep wondering, Molly my dear. Unlikely as it may be, we might know each other.

mom2manyboyz
05-10-2008, 03:25 PM
c. I went in the first time with an "I'm tough and can take a little pain" attitude. I (now) know very distinctly the difference between appropriate hair-treatment discomfort and skin-damage pain. The first treatment sitting I gritted my teeth through the skin damage pain. Had I said "ouch" the tech would have backed off the settings. Now I've found that with the Apogee machine the 1064-nm setting is more appropriate for these quite darkly pigmented areas.

Wish us luck.

That makes a point for not taking pain killers or numbing spray prior to treatment. That topic has been discussed frequently on this forum.

Good luck with the rest of your treatments. ;)

mollyL
05-11-2008, 05:53 AM
Oh, if only people knew what goes on under those conservative white coats, they would cease being afraid of docs! And those professional consultations behind closed doors...I worked for a hubby and wife team who bought some state of the art examination tables...didn't they just have to try each one out.

Be kind to your assistants, Dr Hippocrates; they know all and see all!;)

Green-Moo
05-11-2008, 05:45 PM
Thanks for sharing your story oregonfpdoc. I'm thrilled for you that you're finding this treatment such a rewarding experience for you both.

mom2manyboyz
05-11-2008, 08:15 PM
[QUOTE=mollyL;1393]Oh, if only people knew what goes on under those conservative white coats, they would cease being afraid of docs! [\QUOTE]

...or we might be more afraid. :) Sorry oregonfpdoc, I couldn't resist.

riskey58
05-11-2008, 09:26 PM
This is great. I am glad that everything worked out great for the two of you.

tater03
05-11-2008, 11:29 PM
Oh, now I am going to have a picture in my head the next time I go to my Doctor's that I really don't want to have.

ammulu
05-12-2008, 02:18 AM
It is great to listen to these experiences, thanks for sharing it oregonfpdoc. These experiences would lead us to go for it hoping something positive to turn up for everyone on this forum.

mollyL
05-12-2008, 09:04 PM
[QUOTE=mollyL;1393]Oh, if only people knew what goes on under those conservative white coats, they would cease being afraid of docs! [\QUOTE]

LOL mom; that's a good point you have there. The point being is they're all just humans, as are we. The best ones are the first to admit it.

oregonfpdoc
05-12-2008, 10:38 PM

I most certainly can assure you that you would have nothing to be afraid of around me.

As physicians we see a lot of intimately personal parts of peoples lives and psyches and bodies.

For example I see physicians with tattoos and piercings under their clothing that only sexual partners or very trusted friends would know about.

Docs are indeed human, perhaps more so!

Thanks

oregonfpdoc
05-25-2008, 02:09 PM
Well, Wednesday we had a very satisfactory session #4.
735 pulses I think in was. Very diligent coverage.

I have maybe 5% of my pubic hair left and, as mentioned above, my results thus far are better than I was led to expect.

Once again my lighter areas were treated with the 755-nm Alexandrite laser and the darker with the 1064-nm Nd:YAG laser.
This avoids the painful burns I received with the 755-nm on my first treatment.
The back middle and side parts of my scrotum and anal areas are type III or maybe even as dark as type IV. Those of you with dark skin, wherever it may, be need look into the neodymium:YAG .

We shaved each other thoroughly Sunday so as to go in with a bit of stubble. I suspect it does not matter to do so for the tech because she lasers everywhere but I've read that stubble facilitates shedding in a week to two.

At 47 I have about 10 gray hairs on my scrotum but none at all in front of my penis so I may just pluck them from time to time, as I think they are going too defy the laser's energy! Better still, I'll put my wife in charge of plucking them from time to time.

My wife's treatment went well. Thousands of pulses for well over an hour wore her down a bit regarding the pain. The 755-nm Alexandrite is made for her hair/skin combo.

Armpits have some ultra-fine baby-fine hair coming back in. Every one of the course dark hairs on her very light skin seem to have given up.

Her legs took quite some time but the light skin/dark course hair is nicely laser sensitive.

Her Brazilian treatment went fine but the only Type II skin she has on her very light northern-European body is on her labia majora. Quite irksome to her is that is also where she has a good number of fine gray hairs that may stay with us. Her mons, lower abdomen ind inner legs had very course and very widespread dark hair that seems nearly 100% gone. Lovely in an understatement.

The inner thighs and outer labia long dark course hair is what originally led her to even entertain the laser in the first place so she is thrilled. These areas used to chafe terribly after shaving so, mission accomplished.

After a 10 week "growing season" we go back for #5.

Great result and fine satisfaction to this point. Better than expected and she's thrilled. Who could ask for more.

tater03
05-25-2008, 08:07 PM
Thank you so much for sharing this with us. It is nice to hear that everything is going well and how it all feels exactly. Thanks again.

riskey58
05-25-2008, 11:04 PM
I am really glad to hear that this worked for the both of you. good luck.

Green-Moo
05-26-2008, 09:10 AM
Thousands of pulses for well over an hour wore her down a bit regarding the pain.

Over an hour? Goodness, I didn't realise that sessions could last that long. It's no wonder she was getting a bit 'worn down' by the end!

stormy
11-08-2008, 08:38 PM
Wow! I have been contemplating genital laser hair removal for so long but I am afraid to let a women tech do it. I also love the clean, hairless feeling down below and can't get over my fright. Damn!

oregonfpdoc
11-21-2008, 03:56 AM
No worry about a woman tech any more than women should worry about going to a male physician(yeah, yeah, I know some do!).

My package is for "unlimited" touchups.

6th treatment was 4 months age.
I went for a "touch-up" last week.
Very few hairs left, a good number of invisible fine light hairs that are like baby fuzz. The dark hairs left are few, fine and sparse.

The typical treatments for full Brazilian was about 6-700 pulses.

The touch-up was 350 pulses.....in other words.....very thorough, almost a full treatment at many clinics.

Now hair is really rare. We really love the forever smooth nature of the outcome.
Pretty much none of the hairs are feelable to the touch, all remaining being so fine.

I can go forever for free touch-ups so I expect I will so long as there is a single producing follicle.

My wife has only a few distressing gray hairs left....resistant for sure. I'm not in the least distressed by her little fuzz.

Nice experience we've had for certain.

oregonfpdoc
03-19-2009, 12:53 AM
Well, yesterday we had session #8 (7 for her, missed one when ill.).

Hair is scarce.
I have absolutely zero heavy dark hairs. None!
I can feel absolutely no hair after 7-10 days without shaving.
I have a good number of fine baby lanugo-like hairs, very very fine, very very light. Likely unlaserable and "as good as it gets" with lasering.

With a bright oblique light I can see a very few thin slightly pigmented hairs around my penile shaft base.
I shaved these pre-session yesterday and my ever-attentive laser tech focused much attention on this area at my request, as these are the only remaining hairs that I would ever be bothered by.

My lovely wife of 24 years, mother of two and darling bed-mate.....
Lasering everything below the eyebrows as my posts outline.

Armpits...after about 5 sessions virtually hair free. Rare hairs under a bright light after 2 months without shaving.
Legs, long painful laser sessions worth it. Scarcely a hair to be seen. Sure, with a really bright light I could find a few, lasered thoroughly everywhere in a very long session yesterday.

Best for last....her delightful vaginal area:
Good news and bad news.....
She, after 3 sessions, said she should have left a little fuzzy tuft and was having a bit of buyers remorse over out 100% Brazilian attempt.
Well..........guess what..........at age 44 she has the little gray tuft above her clitoral area that no laser will banish!!!!
She hates the inevitable age-related graying but got her wish.
Just enough to tickle my nose.
No course dark hair. She was really really hairy extending onto both inner thighs. All gone. Every hair. These were a laser tech's dream, jet black hair and light northern European type 0.5 white skin.

For both of us, gone are ingrowns, razor-burn, chafing and hair-care issues.

I have my baby lanugo hair, no worry.
She has her mature-woman gray tuft and all the widespread course dark hairs gone forever.

Nice.

Our deal was an introductory free-touch-up-forever deal.

We'll go back in 3-4 months I'm sure.

For now, thrilled.

BTW
Brazilians $700 each as I recall.
Armpits $300.
Legs added a whopping $1800.
All unlimited sessions forever so a good deal.

Apogee Elite with the dual Alexandrite Nd.YAG 755,1064 settings were perfect once we realized the 755 burned my dark scrotal areas the first session.

Money well spent thus far.

oregonfpdoc
07-19-2009, 06:35 PM
a shame this forum is just dead!

How to get it some posters???

We are both hair free except for a little gray tuft she has and fine-fine baby hair on my scrotum. almost indiscernible.
Both loving it.

Jedi
08-14-2009, 12:05 PM
Hi oregonfpdoc,
I've been thinking about getting the male brazilian for a while now, and I came across this website while doing my reseach on the subject. I found a question on another post that was not answered. The question was, can the laser cause sterility? I've since searched the web looking to find out if this is a legit concern, and haven't found anything one way or the other. Most of the experts on the web are either medical experts or laser hair removal experts, there doesn't seem to be any cross over. I would like to get your opinion since it sounds like you are a doctor with really good knowledge about laser hair removal.
Thanks.

Chris
10-04-2009, 01:55 AM
the free touchup deal is a good deal and what I recommend looking for. My wife had it for her bikini area but they reneged after about a year and then went out of business, so forever isn't always forever.

NHGuy
10-24-2009, 04:14 PM
Interesting to stumble on this thread. My wife shaved at my repeated request with only a little hair suprapubically. She is an ICU nurse and I am a doc so pretty comfortable with our skin. She however had shaved occasionally before and hated the itch when it grew back in and would always do that to avoid the yearly GYN exam as a hairless person. Afraid of what the doc would think. But after I reassured her that alot of my patients (more female than male) shaved down there she kept shaving. Her GYN exam went without comment and now she loves the feeling with intimate contact and the hygiene around the time of her period in particular. On a dare I shaved most of my bikini area hair. She laughed but then liked it and shaved the little hair remaining at which point she shaved her remaining tuft. While the preadolescent look takes some getting used to we both like the feel. The only problem as I see it is the maintenance time and the nicks and ingrowns I get. And if we arent attentive the stubble that can be irritating during sex. Sooooo I tried epilating which works great after the initial pain but then still needs maintenace though less often. So now i am considering electrolysis or laser. I have type 1 skin and brown hair but quite a few greys and blondes. A local MD run center uses the Lumenis One LightSheer laser and say they can get all but pure white hairs. They charge $1600 for five treatments complete brazilian for a guy not sure about women yet as my wife is embarassed to go though OK with me doing it. I figure I may need some electrolysis after for the lighter hairs if they are bothersome. Good to hear that other guys have had this done as I was worried about work around the thin scrotum and penis skin. Any advise re the laser type and price shopping? Thanks

stormy
11-01-2009, 03:56 PM
Interesting to stumble on this thread. My wife shaved at my repeated request with only a little hair suprapubically. She is an ICU nurse and I am a doc so pretty comfortable with our skin. She however had shaved occasionally before and hated the itch when it grew back in and would always do that to avoid the yearly GYN exam as a hairless person. Afraid of what the doc would think. But after I reassured her that alot of my patients (more female than male) shaved down there she kept shaving. Her GYN exam went without comment and now she loves the feeling with intimate contact and the hygiene around the time of her period in particular. On a dare I shaved most of my bikini area hair. She laughed but then liked it and shaved the little hair remaining at which point she shaved her remaining tuft. While the preadolescent look takes some getting used to we both like the feel. The only problem as I see it is the maintenance time and the nicks and ingrowns I get. And if we arent attentive the stubble that can be irritating during sex. Sooooo I tried epilating which works great after the initial pain but then still needs maintenace though less often. So now i am considering electrolysis or laser. I have type 1 skin and brown hair but quite a few greys and blondes. A local MD run center uses the Lumenis One LightSheer laser and say they can get all but pure white hairs. They charge $1600 for five treatments complete brazilian for a guy not sure about women yet as my wife is embarassed to go though OK with me doing it. I figure I may need some electrolysis after for the lighter hairs if they are bothersome. Good to hear that other guys have had this done as I was worried about work around the thin scrotum and penis skin. Any advise re the laser type and price shopping? Thanks

Pricing is a little high. I have had this area done and it cost me $200 per session. The treatments were done using an Alex laser. The results are good. I have had six treatments so far and still need some touch up. I really enjoy the smooth feeling as does my partner. The white hairs are not affected by the laser which is the only issue I have. However, it is not a big deal to take care of them as they are sparse.

NHGuy
11-10-2009, 11:02 AM
Pricing is a little high. I have had this area done and it cost me $200 per session. The treatments were done using an Alex laser. The results are good. I have had six treatments so far and still need some touch up. I really enjoy the smooth feeling as does my partner. The white hairs are not affected by the laser which is the only issue I have. However, it is not a big deal to take care of them as they are sparse.
Thanks for the reply. I had a 30 minute test session with the electrolysis provider to see if followup after laser for the grays was an option and for me at least it is. Some momentary burning but very tolerable and seems to be very effective. The only bad thing is that she was a little uncomfortable with my anatomy and had me pull my briefs aside to expose just a little and my fingers were falling asleep by 30 minutes. We will hopefully work that out with drapes or towel placement next time. Laser appointment is next Wednesday for consult and first treatment! Suspect pricing may reflect the fact that an MD clinic is doing the procedure as I believe laser can only be performed in NH by or under the supervision of an MD unlike IPL which can be performed by others.

king
12-21-2009, 11:37 AM
Yes, it can take up to a year or maybe longer. You don't have to be separated from them for a whole year, you can always travel and visit them. I don't think your wife pregnancy and hiring a lawyer will give you special treatment and be in front of the line. USCIS have process times and nobody (pregnant or not) has priviliges.

A lawyer might be useful depending on your case, you don't want to mess up the forms. In summary, sit and wait.

themag33
01-04-2010, 12:09 AM
Thanks so much for this post. Im so glad everything worked out for the best and that you are happy with the results. It is a costly procedure though.

happycamper
01-08-2010, 04:47 AM
I found IPL hair removal in late 2009. Started with a special offer for underarms and Bikini line. But when I booked in the girl asked if I wanted bikini line or full brazilian, I asked what was most popular and she said that most people started out with bikine line and then went full brazilian, so I thought what the heck and went for full brazilian. The best decision I ever made, I am so happy with the results. I have always been very hairy that did not respond well to shaving or waxing or any other method of hair removal, I alway came out in rashes, ingrown hairs and incredible itching. With the IPL I have had none of these problems. My self esteem has skyrocketed and I do not regret going for the full brazilian at all. My underarms are fantastic and now I am also having my legs done too. Not cheap but well worth the money. The salon I go to uses a French made lumineir? machine (not a chinese copy) and I have fair skin and dark hair. I have had 3 treatments (2 on legs) and the results have been amazing. The small amount of regrowth I have can be shaved and I don't seem to have the problems I had before, and I am sure with further treatments I will have almost zero regrowth. It is the best thing ever!!! (B/friend also loves it). I am 50 years old, so you are never too old to enjoy new things.