4 laser hair removal

Go Back   4 Laser Hair Removal Forums > General > Introductions

Unread 09-23-2008, 03:20 PM   #1
Gavin MacGregor

Talking New to this

Hi allnew to this but here goes I am wanting to try Laser hair removal as I suffer from Eczema on my lower back,groin area and on my genital area.I would think having the hair removed from these areas will ease my Eczema considerably,does anyone have a view on this its taking me a while to consider this treatment hope it will help.Is there anyone who may have a similar problem in this area and give advise on it?My one concern in the genital area is to how the skin will react to the laser,if by having the laser shot how it will affect my feelings and the skin reaction.Anyway Help
Gavin MacGregor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2008, 09:51 PM   #2
NuSkinLaser

Writing to you first as a technician... Yes, the genital area is sensitive, but we have had great success treating the entire area. Reduction of hair greatly reduces the irritation to your skin and relieves the Eczema.

Writing as an Eczema sufferer... This is what started me on my path to becoming a Laser Hair Removal Tech. My legs and bikini area were so bad when the flare ups occurred. I would claw away, shaving was so painful and provided no relief! After undergoing LHR, I was so happy and the Eczema has stayed away. During stressful times I may get an itchy patch, but it quickly resolves itself because I have no hair irritating it! I’ve moved on to my arms and underarms and have not had any flare ups on these two areas at all. Even during pregnancy when my Eczema would be horrible. The second pregnancy was symptom free having had LHR compared to the first pregnancy.

I would try it. Go for the low back area first and see if you experience the relief you are looking for, then add the genitals. Make sure you go to a tech that has experience with that area, as it is tricky and you want it done properly.

Anne Marie

Last edited by Chris; 09-24-2008 at 04:23 PM.
NuSkinLaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2008, 08:35 AM   #3
Gavin MacGregor

Talking eczema

Hi thanks for ypur response at least giving me some feedback on this LHR decision,don't know if I am just being a too concerned male about this you know image and all.I will give the back area a try but really how much stress and discomfort will it be on the genital area.My eczema flares up on my lower back and really bad around the groin area,between and from back to front particularly on my Scrotum sacs and the base on the shaft,as a Tech do you think it will be okay there.Would it be wise to use a numbing cream beforehand?Lastly as a Eczema sufferer my back I can tolerate but the other groin ares drives me crazy I scratch like mad keeps one awake at night as a male I know how embarrasing it is to go to a female to check this but how do you control your flare ups.Is there any Tech in Cape town who can advise mw Thanks
Unread 09-24-2008, 06:13 PM   #4
NuSkinLaser

Yes, it is ok to treat the shaft and testicles. If the hair is a contributing irritant to the Eczema, then this will provide welcome relief. The procedure is not so unbearable that you need numbing cream. It should take about 20 minutes or so. I agree, it can be embarrassing to go to a female. Our clients don't mind, as we make them feel comfortable. I do know an excellent male tech in CT, I don't know where you are. Let me know where you are exactly.

~AM

Last edited by Chris; 09-25-2008 at 12:44 AM. Reason: keep signature in signature
NuSkinLaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2008, 07:53 AM   #5
Gavin MacGregor

Thanks for your quick and open response I greatly appreciate it,I do have an app.with a Tech and she has been really discreet and soothing about this.My back eczema is okay to handle but the groin is a little embarrassing it's not that I am shy but I do have a smallish little problem in that area that I am a bit embarrassed about,but I find that I prefer a female to help my Dermatologist and GP are both Ladies and I feel that they actually give better advise .I Will be going for a test shot later,let you know how it goes from there.The LHR on the shaft is more for my sake as the eczema is not too bad there,how do you feel on this has it been done often ,thanks again