4 laser hair removal

Go Back   4 Laser Hair Removal Forums > General Laser Hair Removal > Provider Recommendations

Unread 09-16-2008, 11:27 PM   #21
Wendy

Send a message via Skype™ to Wendy

Morticia, waxing does not cause hair to get thicker or coarser. Since you are doing laser hair removal on your chin, I would encourage you to continue with it until you have nothing left. Even if you dont see hairs there,... there can be some beneath the surface of the skin that you cannot see, but the laser will still find and destroy. I have all my clients come every 7 weeks for a treatment on the face, even if they dont see anything left. (but I do packages, so there is no additional charge for them to continue coming) for you, if the hairs are dark you should continue doing treatments until you have see nothing, but go an additional 3 tx past that point. this will ensure that it is all gone. for the sides... it is going to take a while,since it is thinner hairs, your skin cannot handle how high the light energy has to be, so you have to have several treatments in the beginning that may not work... but as you continue to do treatments the laser is turned up and this is when the follicular damage occurs. so no matter what you do with the sides it is okay.. it is how much do you want to spend. save your money and wax the sides. (that is what i would do)..

Wendy
Unread 09-17-2008, 04:36 AM   #22
Morticia

Hi Wendy
thanks a lot for your advice ..I will see what things are like after the recommended 4 treatments and decide what to do ..since I am paying so much money I might as well get it right and do it until no hair is left
With my progress, its been exactly 10 days since my first treatment and I shaved my chin area for the 3rd time this morning as I had a social occasion to attend.. the hair that was there is growing very slow (I have not needed to shave for 3 days really) and less than half of what was initially there to start with so it is definitely shedding .. would I expect to be hair-free for a couple of weeks before my next treatment? some of the hair that has come out hasnt shed yet and Im wondering if its new regrowth or dead hair and will eventually fall out as its only been 10 days so it must be dead hair? meanwhile Im so pleased that for the first time in MANY years the skin on my chin feels so smooth and hardly any bumps from constant plucking in the past ..I can't beleive it ..I'd forgotten what it was like !

Last edited by Morticia; 09-17-2008 at 04:38 AM.
Morticia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2008, 04:55 PM   #23
Wendy

Morticia, yes, you will be hair free for several weeks in between your appts. some people can take up to 14 days for the hairs to ALL come out after each treatment. shaving as you are doing is fine, it can actually pull out some of the hairs. but in a couple more days... it is will baby soft. I know it is frustrating at first, but as you get to see the results... it makes you all excited. I have had nine treatments on my chin, and I have two hairs left on each side. About 1 week prior to your next appt you will see what appears to be regrowth, it is the next cycle of hair. Which will be thinner, lighter and softer. The hairs that havent fallen out yet, is not regrowth- it is just hair that probably was not active at the time of your appt, it may stay until your next appt at which time it will be active and be destroyed. I am sure dealing with less hair is better than how you started out. It is a progressive treatment, and takes time. But after each treatment you should always notice improvement.
Unread 09-22-2008, 12:06 AM   #24
Morticia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy View Post
have had nine treatments on my chin, and I have two hairs left on each side
Wendy, how long ago did you finish your treatment for your chin area and has nothing grown back since then?
It's been 2 weeks since my first treatment and there are a few stray hairs on my chin left to shed ..I'm pleased with how well the shedding has gone and most of all..the fact that I have not had to remove the hair in anyway for a while..such a relief..
Btw there is this new gadget that is supposed to remove hair like a laser (doesn't work on the face and sensitive areas)..here is the website:

www.no-no.com.au

Would like to hear what you think of these gimmicks
Unread 09-29-2008, 07:52 PM   #25
Wendy

It doesnt give the wavelength of the pulse, which leaves me to believe it is a gimmick. It also states that it will reduce hair growth over time. (how much time?)
I have not heard about it until today... without the wavelength information there is no way to be sure how far the heat will go, your follicle is at 815 nm. if it is anything less than an 810... the hair will grow back. I am certain there is nothing on the market to be sold for home use that could be that strong... as it can result in burns and other skin damage. There would be lawsuits galore. Laser hair removal for the optimum effectiveness is only done by professionals.
There will not be anything comparable to be sold over the counter, as far as lasers are concerned. I would be worried also, where it limits the areas to be treated... as we all know there will be alot of people using this instrument... and using it on the areas that are recommended against. These are the areas that women mostly want it removed from. I wonder what reason it is that you cant use it on these areas?
I am still doing treatments on my chin... I have only about 3 hairs on each side. I will continue until I dont see ANYTHING!
Unread 09-30-2008, 06:25 AM   #26
Morticia

Wendy,
it's been 3 weeks since my 1st treatment and while most of the hair has shed I still have some hair on my chin on both sides that didn't..is it normal for not all the hair to shed? and now I can see some finer hairs starting to come through which I assume are the new cycle growth that will be treated next time but is it normal for new growth to appear after 3 weeks?
Unread 09-30-2008, 06:42 PM   #27
Wendy

At the time of your treatment only the hairs in the "active" stage are affected. Not all the hair you see are in the active stage. it can be anywhere from 15%-80%, unfortunaltely the face tends to be on the lower end, while the bikini area is at the higher end. Think, if you are only able to get 15% of hair at each treatment and you have 3 cycles of hair, (3X15=45) theoretically it could take up to 45 treatments to be completely done. but since you have "some" hair, then you are probably higher %.
so to answer your question- no, not all the hair will shed, or fall out at each treatment, the more treatments you have the more will shed at each treatment. it is too soon for the next cycle to appear, these are most likely hairs that were under the skin that were not in the active cycle... be assured they will be active when you go for your next treatment... just dont Tweeze, or wax them..... shave only! if the hair is pulled out, there is no way for the heat to get to the follicle-because it has been taken out. sorry for the long explanation.
Unread 11-28-2008, 08:00 AM   #28
Latinkidmj

Hi Blue Angel,

Apparently this thread is getting quite lengthy since you first posted your question. I have had 4 treatments to my entire face and neck, at a per treatment cost of 130 for a total of $520. So far I've had some pretty remarkable results and I think that I'll probably need at MOST 1 or 2 more and that should about do it! I'm seeing a clinic in Spokane, Washington, USA. Hope this helps!
Latinkidmj is offline   Reply With Quote