4 laser hair removal

Go Back   4 Laser Hair Removal Forums > General > General Chat

Unread 08-11-2009, 08:49 PM   #1
smoothie

Send a message via MSN to smoothie
Default IPL hair removal...does it work?

Hi there...I have been receiving IPL hair removal treatments on one location for over a year now, and I don't really see any hair loss. Does anybody else have any experience with this method and what type of results have you obtained?
smoothie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2009, 01:57 AM   #2
Chris
Administrator

A lot depends on the skill of the user and the laser.

For all you know they could be setting the laser to a low power to keep charging you. Or they could have a cheap ineffective laser, or the user might just not know the proper setting.

But when applied correctly, yes, it does work.

One problem in this industry is just a wide range in the quality of services.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2009, 06:35 PM   #3
smoothie

Thanks Chris...September 2009 and I have had 12 IPL treatments. I am not impressed.
I decided to check out a place that uses and actual laser. Had 2 test spots done and so far no hair growth.
The place I have been going has been increasing their price and is now more than double the original price.
I have 1 more treatment left of a package, and then I am swithching to the other clinic.
They have a nicer facility, better equipment it seems, a very knowledgeable tech who asked and answered lots of questions at the free consultation and test patch session.
They also have what seems to be the lowest local prices.
The spa I have been going to all along seems to keep moving girls from this city to other cities to work. I am on tech #3 in just over a year. Also, a lot of their other staff seems to change frequently. It's as if some of them work a circuit. Seems a bit odd.
They seem to have trouble keeping track of the payments I have made and how many treatments I have left. I thought I had 2 more of a package left and they say only 1. I have to check into it more, but it's hard to know without all my receipts.
Thanks and cheers!
Unread 10-20-2011, 06:35 AM   #4
smile123

Takes a certain amount of treatments over a period of time depending on what you have done, and what colour hair.
The darker hair is better, doesnt really work on light haired people i.e true blondes, redheads etc.

nail salon
smile123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2011, 02:51 PM   #5
nmgroup@2011
Banned

Over a year ??? Don't wait any longer and find new place

laser hair removal
nmgroup@2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2012, 09:17 PM   #6
gilmal

laser does work but you need to go for more than once... depends on how the skin will react to it
gilmal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2012, 09:28 PM   #7
Ginger_LaBeouf

I'm sorry to hear about your less than satisfying treatments but yes, when IPL is performed correctly, it does work. It wouldn't be an industry recognized method of hair removal if it didn't work at all, though laser has been known to be more effective than IPL.

A good thing to ask about when looking for a place to perform it on you is whether or not they have a refund policy if you aren't happy with the results (or if you see no results at all!) It may be worth paying a little extra for the professional clinics as they as usually more credible and the technicians are more qualified than going to a spa to have it done.
Unread 04-10-2012, 08:07 PM   #8
smoothie

I switched to a clinic that uses a laser instead of IPL. I am seeing much better results.
Also, the tech there said IPl is suitable for many applications, but not as effective at hair removal.
I am much happier with the laser results.