4 laser hair removal

Go Back   4 Laser Hair Removal Forums > General Laser Hair Removal > General Laser Hair Removal Discussion

Unread 01-07-2011, 02:38 PM   #1
Betty L

Default Tiipping After Laser Hair Removal

Hi,

I am going in to get laser hair removal on my upper lip and chin tomorrow. This is my first experience with laser hair removal and I have two questions:

1) Are you supposed to tip the technician? If so, how much? The customary 15-20% as you do for most other service professions? I was told that the whole procedure is only 15 minutes long, so I am not sure if such a high amount is warranted? But if it is, do I need to tip each time I go in, or is it okay to tip at the very end of the treatment, i.e. I am told that it takes an average of 5 sessions to get rid of all the hair. So can I just tip at the end of the 5 sessions?

2) On a scale from 1-10, 1 being 0 pain, 6 being pain from treading your eyebrows (for the first time) and 10 being pain from waxing your arms, how much pain should I expect to feel on my upper lip and chin tomorrow? Does the pain become smaller with each time I go?

Thank you!
Betty L is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2011, 10:16 PM   #2
Chris
Administrator

Do you tip your doctor?

If you're getting this done at a hair salon... go elsewhere.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2011, 06:26 PM   #3
smoothskin

Default Tipping

I usually tip $15-20 depending on the amount of time required for the tech to laser me.
smoothskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2012, 12:14 AM   #4
Ginger_LaBeouf

I tipped when I got mine done because the credit card machine would ask if I wanted to leave a tip or not and I felt really guilty clicking "no". I wouldn't have even thought to leave one if that option didn't come up. I personally don't think that laser technicians should get tips. They make good money for their skills already.
Unread 04-10-2012, 08:45 PM   #5
smoothie

Send a message via MSN to smoothie

The clinic I go to has the cheapest prices in the area and also some of the best trained people as well as nice new clinics.
Since I like the service and the prices, and the tech and how well trained she is, I do tip. I usually tip 15%.
smoothie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pain, tipping