4 laser hair removal

Go Back   4 Laser Hair Removal Forums > General Laser Hair Removal > Laser Hair Removal for Women

Unread 12-20-2008, 09:35 AM   #1
mona

Unhappy 5th Hair Removal Session

Hi my name is Mona and I have been doing hair laser removal on the sides of my face and chin. I had my 5th treatment 3 days ago and the hairs have grown more then usual on my face and chin. When I had my 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th treatment the hairs on my face and chin dissapeared straight away until my next sessions but this time (my 5th treatment) the hairs didnt go, but instead grew worse and my face feels rough. Im really scared and dont know why this has happened. Also, when i did my 5th treatment, i was due for my periods and was late and just got them yesterday. Could my periods have anything to do with it?
mona is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2008, 06:31 AM   #2
lasmart
Banned

Send a message via AIM to lasmart Send a message via MSN to lasmart Send a message via Yahoo to lasmart

A couple questions to help you...

What kind of laser is your practitioner using?
What is your skin type? (Fitzpatrick number)
What color is the hair?

And yes, your periods could have an effect, but it shouldn't be that dramatic.
lasmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2010, 08:59 AM   #3
laserelect

Yes, hormones in both men and women play a HUGE role in how hair grows in length, color and density. It very well could be just because of your period. If it didn't happen first 4 times when you weren't having it, good chance that's it. Just track how your body reacts after each treatment.
laserelect is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2010, 10:05 PM   #4
Jessica81

I would ask about the settings. I found my treatments had very similar results, but the few times I moved to different lasers the results did vary. Start asking what setting they are going to use before you start the treatment - that way no mistakes are made. Keep a record of what your settings are so you know if they should be higher or lower.
Unread 06-01-2012, 03:49 PM   #5
kimadam

Laser hair removal should be conducted in durations of 6 to 8 weeks to agree with normal growth periods of hair. If you delay treatment, it may not affect long term effects, but you may need extra treatments to obtain the same results as the hair follicles will restore their strength and density.
kimadam is offline   Reply With Quote