4 laser hair removal

Go Back   4 Laser Hair Removal Forums > General Laser Hair Removal > General Laser Hair Removal Discussion

Unread 06-04-2008, 11:17 PM   #1
trick-r-treat

Default What success have you had?

Has anyone here actually had the procedure? Do you still have to shave or pluck at all, ever?
trick-r-treat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2008, 08:31 PM   #2
mom2manyboyz

There are several people on this board that have had the procedure. There are some threads about experiences.

I had my underarms and lip done several years ago. You do have to go back for touch ups every few years, or when the hair begins to regrow, but for the most part the hair stays gone.
mom2manyboyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2008, 06:36 PM   #3
trick-r-treat

What is the cost for a touch-up? Does it grow back fully if you don't go back?
trick-r-treat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2008, 07:53 PM   #4
mom2manyboyz

It never completely grows back, or it didn't for me anyway. Stray hairs will appear over time. The cost for a touch up treatment is the same as I regular treatment.
mom2manyboyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2008, 04:29 PM   #5
Jessica81

I've been going to treatments for almost two years. It feels like it will never end! I have had success with my underarms and bikini area. The only time I shave those areas is right before the treatment. My upper lip hasn't had much success. The hair sheds after the treatment, but after a few months it grows back. I posted pictures in my laser hair removal journal.
Unread 09-11-2008, 11:17 PM   #6
Wendy

Send a message via Skype™ to Wendy
Talking

Jessica81, I am glad to hear you have had great results with your laser hair removal with the body areas. Unfortunately the face is the most stubborn area. It can take up to 18 treatments for the hairs to be completely gone. does your clinic have a guarantee for their service? if they do, then utilize this time to finish your lip. Depending on the laser, your lip needs to be treated more frequently than your body. At my clinic, we treat faces at 7 week intervals, and body at 10 week intervals. The facial hair cycles faster than the body.

Wendy
www.Aestheticlaserandskin.com
Wendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2008, 01:03 AM   #7
Morticia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica81 View Post
I've been going to treatments for almost two years. It feels like it will never end! I have had success with my underarms and bikini area. The only time I shave those areas is right before the treatment. My upper lip hasn't had much success. The hair sheds after the treatment, but after a few months it grows back. I posted pictures in my laser hair removal journal.
I don't understand how the hair that has died can grow back on your upper lip area? it must be new hair that has become active ? was the hair fine to start with or coarse? and was it dense or sparse?
Morticia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2008, 08:21 AM   #8
Latinkidmj

Default My Experience so far...

trick-r-treat,

So, here's my experience. I started LHR around the beginning of this year. I am a 30yr old Latino male with Fitzpatrick type III/IV skin (light tan, rarely sunburns), with dark brown hair. I simply got tired of shaving! It was ridiculous, @ almost 2 times a week and since starting graduate school I have the $$ to try this, so I decided to take the plunge. After extensive research and reading, I consulted a local (at the time) facility in Tampa, FL (where I was attending school). They used the Candela GentleLase (and ironically not an nd:Yag, as I had read) with an 18mm spot size and (I think, but can't remember) 12ms pulse. The first treatment hurt like a b****, but surprisingly the pain and soreness went away after about 1 hour and then for the rest of the day I was totally fine (albeit red in the face, exactly like I'd been sunburn - which was a new experience for me, lol). And incidentally, the more you do it the less painful it becomes because having it done on a face free of hair is almost, but not quite, painfree. The more and denser the hair, the more painful it will be (or so I have been advised and so my experience has proven)...

After moving to Washington State, I again located a practitioner with exactly the same make and model Laser (Candela GentleLase) and pursued a 2nd treatment. Exactly the same pain and highly abbreviated recovery. I've recently finished my 4th and will have my 5th treatment the first week in January. So here's what you probably REALLY want to know - does it work? Yes! But it's not instant...it's a gradual process.

After my 1st treatment, there wasn't really anything dramatic. But what I DID NOTICE, was that shaving was much, much easier. You do shed hair after about 1 week from the treatment. Initially I was PISSED, because I thought that it hadn't worked! I was like, WTF?! my facial hair is growing back...and then after about the 8th or 9th day and conversations with the clinician (who assured me that it just looked that way and to be patient) I noticed that although the hair does seem like it's growing back, eventually it just starts to fall out of your skin. Yes, you read that correctly. In the beginning if you pull on the hair, it seems as if it's still there...but you have to WAIT. Soon enough, when you do that again, it will just fall right out.

But as I said after the shedding was done from my 1st treatment, when the hair began to actually regrow it was SUBSTANTIALLY less thick. I noticed that my shaving was remarkably less difficult. But, I still had a bread (although it was thin). This same thing happened after my 2nd treatment...but on the 3rd treatment - BAM!

I noticed that when the shedding began, my entire cheeks were completely free of hair; from the top of my ear, down almost all the way to my jaw line. And shaving has been a breeze...there's nothing to shave except my neck and jaw line...and I just finished my 4th treatment and I'll keep you posted on how that goes. The neck on men is notoriously difficult and stubborn but by the next treatment or the 6th at MOST, everything should be done.

One side of my neck still has some regular hair growth but almost the entire other side of my neck is completely free from hair. I've notice that what little hair that does ever grow back is barely there much like the fine hairs on a baby's arm. So I hope this helps!

Last edited by Latinkidmj; 11-28-2008 at 08:23 AM.
Latinkidmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2008, 08:23 PM   #9
laser doc

Default Yes It Works!!and Its Not That Painfull!!

Yes it works,but it does take many treatments so always try and get a package deal with an extended warranty for 3 or preferably even 4 years of treatments.I know a place in washington state which offers a long warranty.aestheticlaserandskin.com.I am sure ou can find places which give a good warranty anywhere.also make sure they are using lightsheer diode the gold standadrd in laer hair removal.It does not hurt that much to get treated,it feels like a stretched rubber band hitting you when released.Men have more pain because their hair is thick.I had mine done and i was fine.I was even cracking jokes during part of the treatment!!
laser doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2008, 08:31 AM   #10
aiman123
Banned

my girlfriend did it.but multiple treatment is needed to ensure the hair is not grow back.
aiman123 is offline   Reply With Quote