4 laser hair removal

Go Back   4 Laser Hair Removal Forums > General Laser Hair Removal > Laser Hair Removal for Women

Unread 12-31-2007, 07:30 AM   #1
Trance

Default Ingrowns from laser hair removal

Has anyone experienced ingrowns from laser hair removal? I just got a brazilian laser hair removal treatment done and now I have big ol' ingrowns down there. I have never had ingrowns there!! Ever!! I am confused because I thought that they were supposed to help get rid of ingrowns, not cause them. Has anyone else experienced this?? Thanks.
Trance is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2008, 02:04 AM   #2
heartstopper6910

Trance I had the whole area made smooth with 8 treatments. I never had a skin problem but I must say that I had the physician herself do my procedure. Maybe that had something to do with it.
heartstopper6910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2008, 06:55 PM   #3
noname80

Yes it has happened with me too. In fact the person who use to perform the laser treatment on me had once mentioned that she has got more such complains. The laser is known to activate dormant hair cuticles, not only the area thats getting treated but also on the surrounding area. I now have more hair (which i was getting treated) and tons of acnes and acne scars on my face! Needless to say that i stopped getting the treatment done.

I was getting my treatment done at Ideal Image. Their medical practitioners accepted the fact that its the laser thats causing all these acnes and more hair growth; and still the company refused to return my money back. All i got was an insincere sorry in return!
noname80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2008, 12:45 AM   #4
Trance

Wow, I am sorry that this happened to you too. How long ago did this happen to you? Do you think it will ever get better? Its horrible that this information isn't out there for people.
Trance is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2008, 05:39 PM   #5
mollyL

Ouch! Ingrown hairs are such a pain. My hubby gets them on his beard area and he hates them. I can imagine how painful it is on the bikini area.
mollyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2008, 07:40 AM   #6
SageMother

Thanks for the warning, especially about their denying you a refund. I guess you have to really pay attention to the fine print before you sign your rights away!
SageMother is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2008, 01:39 PM   #7
Green-Moo

I've always found ingrowing hairs easy (thought fiddly) to remove with a pair of tweezers, and they're not reoccurred.
Green-Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2008, 07:49 PM   #8
mom2manyboyz

I did not get ingrown hair from laser treatment. They didn't advise of it in the consultation either. I did read in another thread that someone was concerned about ingrown hairs or scarring from laser treatments. Maybe this is why. I don't know how a brazilian laser differs from a typical laser treatment.

My skin under my arms is now smooth as a baby's bottom, not bumpy as it was before when I had hair growing there!

After reading this I would be very careful to ensure the people performing the hair removal are qualified and well trained.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trance View Post
Has anyone experienced ingrowns from laser hair removal? I just got a brazilian laser hair removal treatment done and now I have big ol' ingrowns down there. I have never had ingrowns there!! Ever!! I am confused because I thought that they were supposed to help get rid of ingrowns, not cause them. Has anyone else experienced this?? Thanks.
mom2manyboyz is offline   Reply With Quote