4 laser hair removal

Go Back   4 Laser Hair Removal Forums > General Laser Hair Removal > Laser Hair Removal for Women

Unread 02-19-2008, 07:00 PM   #1
ayeshaa

Default New to Laser Hair Removal

Hi,

I am new to the idea of Laser hair removal. Earlier I had been using the easier way out, using the creams & wax. But creams are a lot of mess and re-growth is so instant. Where as, the wax too has to be done repeatedly after 4-5 weeks.

I am not sure if laser hair removal would suit me. Can someone please guide me with its pros and cons.

Thanks!

Regards,
Ayesha
ayeshaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2008, 07:13 AM   #2
Trance

Laser hair removal is a great idea, but from my experiences I do not recommend it. For one, its not permanent. I was a perfect canidate, but my skin reacted to it in a bad bad way. I got removal on my full legs and brazilian. The lasers changed the texture of my legs, they are not as smooth as they use to be, and yes there is still hair after multiple treatments. The bikini area is the worst. I have gotten 2 treatments and I am scared to get any more. For one, I have itched constantly since my first treatment 4 months ago. I thought perhaps it was yeast, but it is not. I am red down there for no reason what so ever. I can no longer wear thongs/g-strings because my skin is super sensitive down there and it will cause in-growns. I regret my decision, but even if I personally got this advice I am giving you, I probably would have done it anyway because the thought of never having to shave again is wonderful. Think about it.
Trance is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2008, 06:28 PM   #3
ayeshaa

Hi,

Thanks for your review. I will surely keep it in mind while making any decision.

Thanks again
Unread 03-04-2008, 07:06 PM   #4
ayeshaa

Default affect on skin colour?

Hi,

I have another concern creeping up. Does laser treatments affect skin colour anyway? Does it darken the skin colour?

Please enlighten me on this.

Thank you!

Kind Regards
Unread 03-24-2008, 11:20 PM   #5
Figgy

If you have dark (brown or black) skin, you may experience some change in skin color. Most people with lighter skin and with darker skin have 0 problems.

Check out my blog post on choosing a laser that's right for your skin type:

http://twochinchillas.blogspot.com/2...ogging_24.html
Figgy is offline   Reply With Quote