4 laser hair removal

Go Back   4 Laser Hair Removal Forums > General Laser Hair Removal > Laser Hair Removal for Women

Unread 04-21-2008, 11:47 PM   #1
SageMother

Default Home Systems

I would love to have a unit in my home, because it would be easier to do touch ups until all of the hair is gone.

Are there any really good home systems on the market, or are those we hear about basically bright lights that do nothing?
SageMother is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2008, 06:48 AM   #2
justjoy

I'm wondering the same thing SageMother. My sister just told me about some new device that is more like a shaver, but is a laser treatment??? But to the tune of almost $300, I'd want some sort of guarantee that it worked!
justjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2008, 06:28 PM   #3
SageMother

It sounds like a shaver that is trying to charge more for lights!

Obviously, if there is a shaver attached, the shaver must actually be doing the work!
SageMother is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2008, 06:45 PM   #4
tater03

I have never heard of the home ones. I am not to sure at that price that I would buy one. That is a lot of money to shell out for something that might not work.
tater03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2008, 06:56 PM   #5
mollyL

I'm with you, Tater. I didn't even know there were home laser kits; I thought you had to be some kind of technician to do that kind of hair removal.
mollyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2008, 08:47 PM   #6
mbtaluka

Having laser kits at home is something that I wouldn't prefer and I have never come across such a thing before too. I use a shaver at home but it regrows the hair faster.
mbtaluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2008, 08:27 AM   #7
Green-Moo

I would prefer to have laser treatment done by a qualified salon. I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable using a device in my own home.
Green-Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2008, 05:05 AM   #8
justjoy

With all the talk of the damage that can happen if the laser treatment is done incorrectly, couplled with the prohibitive price, I agree with all of you that going to the salon is definitely the better option.
justjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2008, 01:45 PM   #9
mom2manyboyz

I've been to a salon to have the hair under my arms and on my upper lip lasered. It is quite painful. There is no way I would trust myself to hold the equipment while being treated. Also, I considered having the are around my eyebrows done, but didn't really trust the technician around my eyes. The technician was great, there are just some risks I'm not willing to take. No way would I trust myself at home with laser treatments. LOL
mom2manyboyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2008, 09:18 PM   #10
tater03

I would agree that I would be afraid that I would end up hurting myself and just don't think I could perform it on my own.
tater03 is offline   Reply With Quote