4 laser hair removal

Go Back   4 Laser Hair Removal Forums > General Laser Hair Removal > General Laser Hair Removal Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 11-10-2010, 04:02 PM   #1
hairymary

Default Dermatologist vs. medspa?

Hi there everyone! This is my first time posting here - so happy to find the forum and hopefully get some advice.

I live in an area that has a couple of dermatologists and several medspas offering LHR. They all seem to use either the soprano or lightsheer lasers, which I believe are both excellent lasers (though it's sounding like the soprano may be slightly superior?). My question is, are medspas as safe/reliable as actual dermatologist offices when it comes to LHR? Assuming the technician at the medspa has proper training, wouldn't they be just as capable of setting and using the machine as a technician at a dermatologist office (I'm assuming most offices have people other than the actual doctor doing these procedures?)?

The medspas all offer free consultations, so I'd plan to go check them out - but I don't really want to pay for a dermatological consultation (or higher prices for treatment, for that matter) if the medspas are just as good. On the other hand, if a doctor's office is far far superior, I'd rather pay more than risk burning my skin... Any opinions on this? Thank you so much in advance!

*I also should mention, I don't know anyone in the area who has been to any of these offices, and none of them have reviews online (aside from their own website testimonials). So I do realize these would be resources if they were available. Thanks!

Last edited by hairymary; 11-10-2010 at 04:04 PM. Reason: add a bit at the end
hairymary is offline   Reply With Quote