4 laser hair removal

Go Back   4 Laser Hair Removal Forums > General > General Chat

Unread 12-06-2005, 02:10 AM   #1
MissModel

Default Secret Beauty Recipes

Anyone here have their own secret beauty recipes? If so, please share.

Heres one of mine. Not exactly a secret but its still pretty cool:
• Deep Conditioning Treatment: Mix a couple tablespoons of olive oil (for super-long hair, you might need as much as a 1/4 cup) with an equal amount of honey and work it through your hair. Put on your "moist heat" cap or the shower cap/heated towel trick and leave it on for at least 60 minutes (over night is even better!) then wash the mixture out of your hair with a gentle shampoo.
MissModel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2005, 01:55 PM   #2
gerifan

Easy follow the you are what you eat plan that makes you look great with all the heathy food + there will be loads you have never tried on there
gerifan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2005, 08:48 PM   #3
paris

I use this reciepe and I love it:
Recipe for Dr. Holland’s Super Brightening Super-Sonic Facial Mask

What you’ll need:

• Large bottle of plain/generic, uncoated aspirin
• Clean, empty small jar or other similar container
• Granulated (i.e.: white) or brown sugar
• Lactic Acid Concentrate
• Aloe Vera juice (may substitute plain distilled water, or strongly-brewed green and/or chamomile tea *made* with distilled water)
• Aloe Vera Extract (may substitute Jojoba or any other oil of your choice)
• French Green Clay (optional)
• Honey (optional)

What you do:

• Fill jar with approximately 50 aspirin tablets;
• Add just enough aloe vera juice/water/tea to completely dissolve the aspirin tablets into a smooth powder;
• Stir in two teaspoons of sugar;
• Add one-eighth teaspoon of Lactic Acid Concentrate (available from the Personal Formulator website);
• Stir in one-fourth teaspoon of Aloe Vera Extract or oil and a splash of honey (if desired);
• If desired, gradually add a portion of French Green Clay to mixture. I like to include the clay in my version simply because I have serious oil control issues so I need all the oil-absorbing help I can get!
• Blend all ingredients by stirring thoroughly. If necessary, drizzle in a bit more oil or other liquid until your mask has reached your desired consistency.

Note: the above-recipe yields approximately enough mask for a one month supply, however you *can* make a ‘single-serving’ size of the mask fresh each day by doing the following:

Use only 2-3 aspirin, a pinch of sugar, a couple of drops of *whole milk* (this replaces the lactic acid concentrate above) in which to dissolve the aspirin, and one drop each of aloe vera extract or oil and honey. Mix it altogether in a small dish or the palm of your hand.

How you do it:

• Two to three times per week, apply thin layer of mask to entire face and neck, avoiding the eye contour area.
• Leave mask on for 10-15 minutes, then moisten fingertips and gently massage mask into skin, rewetting your fingers often.
• Rinse with lukewarn water, pat dry.
• Followup with ACV Toner, then any serums or moisturizers as desired.

Important Note: This mask can be drying for some users, so do not use more often than recommended, no matter how much you may be tempted by the miraculous reduction in red marks from previous breakouts!

Also, it is a good idea to followup this mask by applying a nice, rich facial moisturizer after rinsing mask off and applying ACV toner.

For extremely sensitive skin, you do not need to leave it on for as long as directed, or else you may cut back and use mask only 1-2 per week.
paris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2005, 11:20 PM   #4
paris01

I am going to try these. Home made beauty tips are usually very good for the skin.
paris01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2008, 07:03 AM   #5
shenzee

I like this one using avocado.

What you need is a ripe avocado. Mash the avocado and apply it to your face. Leave it on for about 20 minutes. Then rinse off.

You can add in some honey (about 1/4C) if you want to. Honey is a great moisturizer. What you'll do is mash the avocado and mix it with honey.
Unread 04-21-2009, 02:22 PM   #6
liposuctionguide

I can make a face mask... of lemon juice, a touch of honey mixed with just a small amount of water (to help it spread easier) Let it sit on my skin for about 15 min and rinse off. My face will feel soft and beautiful.
Unread 08-20-2011, 08:29 AM   #7
clickins787

gr8 carry on
clickins787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2011, 07:08 AM   #8
Samil123

@ Paris,
Do those tips work for men?

closest salons
Samil123 is offline   Reply With Quote