4 laser hair removal

Go Back   4 Laser Hair Removal Forums > General Laser Hair Removal > Laser Hair Removal for Men

Unread 12-07-2005, 09:21 PM   #1
paris

Default getting male private parts done

Just out of curiousity, has anyone (male) here gotten their private parts done? Or know of someone who has had this done? I hear its fairly common 'spot' for males who get laser hair removal.
paris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2007, 09:16 PM   #2
David

Default no no no

Having gotten laser treatments...i can say if i got lasered on the privates, it would give me a heart attack, due to the pain. I would love the results, but would never survive, nor complete the treatment.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2007, 11:53 PM   #3
Jessica81

I'm female, so obviously I can't speak for the male populations, but I think with Advil and numbing cream you would be fine. I am having a full Brazilian done, it hurts, but I get through it.

If guys can have that area waxed (and they do) then they can laser it.
Unread 06-26-2007, 08:02 PM   #4
bimwminil

I am 39 now and have shaved my privates since college. I love the feel but was getting tired of the razor burn. I finally went in for first laser treatment a few weeks ago. It was painful, but not unbearable. I was okay with it. I cant wait till my next appt and eventually the end to having hair on my privates at all.
bimwminil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2007, 07:27 PM   #5
winterpark lasercenter

Thumbs up Topicals, cool tips

In regards to the pain of Laser Hair Removal on your privates, there are a few solutions. The first is to make sure that the laser being used on you has a cool tip-this also prevents scarring. The second is to buy a medical grade topical from your facility-such as Topicane. It really will make a difference. The best thing about laser hair removal around your bikini area is that even after the first one-two treatment you only shave once a week or less! It's amazing.
winterpark lasercenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2007, 12:51 AM   #6
l4snha

Thumbs up Don't wait!

Hairy privates began to drive me crazy when I was 18. Finally, I couldn't stand it!! I made the call and consulted with a wonderful aesthetician. Describing the sensation of the laser like a 'pinch to the back of your hand' solidified my decision. Treatments have been very effective and has given me new energy in my mid-40's.
Don't wait!!
l4snha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2008, 03:45 AM   #7
smoothie

Send a message via MSN to smoothie
Smile I'm having hair removal treatments.

Hi,
just wanted to let you know I too finally got tired of trying shaving (NO), waxing (NO) and then epilating using a ladies Braun epilator. I liked the epilator best, but still needed to do it every 2-3 weeks.
I had heard of laser hair removal but had never heard of places that treated men for a brozilian. Lately though I have noticed a lot of places advertising that they do brozilians. So, I decided to call up a couple and check into it.
I have received 2 treatments so far and have a reduction in hair growth. I am not sure if it will eventually start to grow back before my next treatment.
I was quite naive/ignorant about laser hair removal in hindsight and should have done more research into it before I had decided to go for treatments.
The technician did tell me about the procedure to some degree and asked if I had questions. I did not think I did, but once I looked at a few sites and this one I discovered there was so much I was not aware of. I have discovered that IPL is newer and not actually laser and is different in several ways. Also, I was not aware there were so many different types of lasers.
The technician told me the machine she was using was a newer type machine and quite good. I think it is likely IPL, but not sure. Now when I go back I have a bunch of questions.
Anyway, so far I have not found the treatments to be painful or uncomfortable. I did find it a little embarassing. I was informed the settings would be turned up a lot higher next time, whatever exactly that means.
I think the settings were probably quite low for the first two treatments.
I read jessica81's journal and found it to be informative. I am thinking maybe once I get more information about the type of machine being used on me, the settings, etc. maybe I will post some info (not a detailed journal)about my experience for others to refer to. I am hoping that the spa I chose is a good one (part of a chain) and that I am pleased with the results.
If not, then I am not sure of my next move.
smoothie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2008, 11:19 PM   #8
SageMother

I would think that, assuming the laser treatments were done safely, this would be preferable to shaving the area since you eliminate the possibility of being cut be a less than sterile razor, and then getting an infection.
SageMother is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2008, 11:34 PM   #9
tater03

I agree that it can be done and it is probably one of the best ways to do it but all I can say is ouch. I see that you state it doesn't hurt but it still would seem like it to me. But then I don't have a high tolerance for pain.
tater03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2008, 01:48 PM   #10
Green-Moo

I see no reason why this area should not be treated like any other. The only difficulty I can forsee is that it can be a very hairy area so would require pretty intensive treatment over an extended period.
Green-Moo is offline   Reply With Quote