4 laser hair removal

Go Back   4 Laser Hair Removal Forums > General Laser Hair Removal > Laser Hair Removal for Men

Unread 04-27-2008, 09:35 PM   #11
tater03

I guess I just think that some might be more sensitive their then other areas. But it sounds like that is not the case at all.
tater03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2008, 09:06 AM   #12
smoothie

Send a message via MSN to smoothie
Default Next treatment in 5 days time...my 3rd so far

Hi everybody...I notice there has been more discussion on this topic here lately. I did state before that I had gone for 2 treatments so far and did not find them to be uncomfortable or painful. It felt to me me like a very quick zap and it felt a bit warm. However, as I also mentioned, I think the settings have been quite low so far. I am not sure what they were, but I did see written on my chart while dressing that the setting for my scrotum (balls) area had been 7 joules and I am not sure if it was for the first treatment, the second, or both. There does not seem to be any reduction in hair growth on my scrotum however. Reading Jessica81's journal it seems that she received treatments of 10 joules starting out and considered that to be too low a setting. I have found out that the machines being used where I go are IPL machines. I believe the settings can be as high as 20 joules depending on how you react to it. There are 2 other settings I believe that can be adjusted as well and I think they are wavelength and the number of pulses per each zap. Anyway, I said I had not found it painful thus far. However, this may change as I receive more treatments with different settings. I will keep you updated. As well, I have noticed some reduced growth or slowing down in growth but not much. Also, one small area seems to have several white hairs growing back which apparently can now not be killed with the machine because they are too light. I am hoping not too many hairs do this as I want the hairs to be killed, not turned lighter.
If any other guys have received this treatment, please let me (us) know how it has worked for you and your experience with it.
Thanks all.
smoothie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2008, 03:50 AM   #13
oregonfpdoc

Oh, yes.
See my other thread for details.

My wife and I are getting matching total laser Brazilians!

Very personal.
Very smooth.
Incredibly erotic to have something such as this under our clothing.

The smoothie look is something I'd dreamed about for a long time.

Her request for Valentine's gift underarm hair laser hair removal leaped forward by an order of magnitude.

Last edited by oregonfpdoc; 05-10-2008 at 03:54 AM.
oregonfpdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2008, 10:35 AM   #14
chocoguy

Iím not thinking of getting my private part on those laser treatments because from what I know they have radiation and may affect the sperm count. It may cause to not having a baby.
chocoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2008, 05:42 PM   #15
deanac24

I am female so I cant speak for the guys but I have guy friends who have their privates waxed and they say it hurts but they can tolerate the pain so I would imagine laser would not be as bad.
deanac24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2008, 05:50 PM   #16
Green-Moo

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanac24 View Post
I am female so I cant speak for the guys but I have guy friends who have their privates waxed and they say it hurts but they can tolerate the pain so I would imagine laser would not be as bad.

If you know that something is for a good end result, then I guess it's much easier to tolerate some pain.
Green-Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2008, 01:29 PM   #17
chocoguy

I don’t get it why would someone go for all that trouble when it is just the same no matter how we look at it. This is a genital part and doesn’t need to be smooth because we are hiding it all the time.
chocoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2008, 03:33 PM   #18
stormy

Default Informative

Your input is very helpful. I am a male who is undergoing laser hair removal for the past year and three months.I have learned alot through this process. The areas I am having treated are my back, chest, stomach and buttocks. What everyone should know is that laser hair removal is a process which takes time and patience. I have had very good results so far but going into this my expectations were great. I would like to move forward to my genital area but I am not comfortable having a women do this. The laser center I am using only has female technicians. I can't find a male technician in my area. Anyway, I would be curious to see how you fare during the rest of your treatments.
stormy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2008, 07:42 PM   #19
smoothie

Send a message via MSN to smoothie

Hello again everybody.
I was just reading postings here and thought I should update a bit.
I have had 5 IPL laser treatments so far and there is still hair growth, but I think progress is being made. Apparently it takes about 6 to 8 treatments at least and I am expecting I will need more than that, possibly 10 or even more. There does seem to be less growth, and delayed growth. There is a new technician and I like her. She seems very knowledgable and professional. I go for treatment #6 in about 2 weeks time.
The settings are gradually being increased and I expect this will make them more effective.
One of the great things is that the price of treatments has been decreasing since I started going to the spa. Plus, when they have a sale you are able to pre-buy treatments and it locks in the sale price. The money you spend on these certificates can be used for any spa treatment as well, including massages.
The spa I go to is part of a chain and they have quite a few spas located in Canada and elsewhere.
A treatment now costs me just under $70.00, so I think that is quite reasonable, considering one of the places I inquired charged $250.00 per treatment.
I am hoping for pleasing results and if happy will consider hair removal for my shoulders and back area as I have some hair there and possibly my stomach area.
I do not find the treatments painful and use no type of pain killer.
And stormy...as for finding a male technician, I know there are some, but I expect most are female and you may have to settle for that. My tech has treated about 9 guys for the genital area and she's professional. I don't think you need to be uncomfortable, even though I was a bit uncomfortable the first few times.
Speak to your tech about it and ask questions. Also, where I go they give me a towel to cover the area not being lasered ( the penis ).

Good luck.
smoothie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2008, 05:16 PM   #20
Wendy

Send a message via Skype™ to Wendy

I wouldnt recommend IPL treatments if you are looking for permanent results. In my experience with IPL (it is FDA approved for skin rejuvenation), the hair does become thinner and you will notice less. But after you quit treatments, one year later it will all come back, like you never had treatments before. so in the long run it is a waste of money. The place that was going to charge you $250, probably has an FDA approved laser and can offer permanent reduction. (does either place have a service guarantee?). I dont know many male technicians, as the demand would not be very high, as a woman, I would not allow a man do perform my brazilian treatments. Anywhere you go, the staff should be professional, and maintain your dignity by keeping you covered while the area is not being treated as smoothie stated.