4 laser hair removal

Go Back   4 Laser Hair Removal Forums > General Laser Hair Removal > Laser Hair Removal for Men

Unread 11-06-2008, 12:03 PM   #21
JIM

i'm going for my 8th laser treatment to remove all pubic hair including on the penis at a doctors office and my doctor is a female. i like the result so far. very little pain. they require a nurse to be present while the doctor is doing the treatment. to me this is not a problem. they keep me covered with a sheet for most of the treatment but when she start doing the shaft the sheet is removed. i use to get brizilian waxing done for a year but did not like the result. had to get it done every 4 weeks. plus had to let the hair grow out. the pain with the waxing was not to bad. i do hope that the hair do not grow back!
JIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2008, 08:29 PM   #22
stormy

Hi Wendy, since you are in the laser hair removal business, I am curious about your thoughts on IPL combined with RF technology. Do you feel that this works better than IPL alone?
You say that hair removed solely using IPL will grow back in a year. Is this a general statement or fact? I know people who had, an average, 2 years of IPL treatments several years ago and have not had any additional treatments and are still hair free in the area that was treated three years later.
stormy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2008, 09:19 AM   #23
smoothd

Default 1st treatment done

Hi all, just joined this forum. I had my first treatment done a few days ago, and stumbled on this forum last night while doing some research on the topic. I posted a long reply in one of the other threads, so if you want to know more of my first experience refer to that one.

I am very pleased with my first experience, very little pain, and the tech was very professional. THe price was good, so I jumped at the opportunity to FINALLY get it done. I have been wanting to for some time. I also have been shaving since I was at least 18, maybe younger, and I am 36 now. I have never had much body hair, but the little I have, especially around my privates, I have shaved. My only apprehension now, is that my scrotal hair is lighter than the rest(at least it was 18 yrs ago-last time I let it grow long enough to know). Is there anyone else out there in this situation? Also. I don't know my body type, but I would say I am light skinned, at least in that area, with mostly dark pubic hair(see above), but tan fairly well on the rest of my body, if that matters.

I am sooo looking forward to my next treatment. BTW, is it standard practice for the intensity to be increased on the laser after the first 1 or 2 treatments?
smoothd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2009, 08:14 AM   #24
smoothie

Send a message via MSN to smoothie

Hi smoothd....this is smoothie.
I found this site after I had already had 2 treatments I think and I like the site. I am actually thinking of telling my laser tech about it.
I find my scrotal hair to be somewhat lighter than the area above as well.
Also, where I go the settings started out fairly low and have gradually increased.
It is definitely noticeable, and I have found the area towards the center to be more sensitive. It is not painful, however.
The tech asks me to rate the zap (pain) from 1 to 5 with 5 being too much and 1 barely noticeable. She wants it to be around 3 it seems. If it seems higher or if I find it too uncomfortable she will decrease it. I started at 7 joules and am now up to 15 I think for the less sensitive area and a bit lower (13?) for the area under.
Have had 7 treatments so far (Sciton BBL IPL machine) and dont notice a lot of difference. The tech wants me to let the hair grow out for about 5 to 7 days without shaving before my next treatment and go in a day early so she can evaluate the progress so far. She said she will try to tell me how many more treatments she thinks will be required.
Next treatment will be #8 and it will be mid-March and a month past a year since I started. (13 months). Still hoping this works.
I read many different opinions and views on this site and others as to the effectiveness of laser and IPL hair removal. It is actually hair reduction. I don't know if any reputable salon that claims total hair removal.
I am interested in hearing from others that have tried IPL hair removal. What type of results have you experienced?
smoothie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2009, 09:58 PM   #25
JIM

Default happy with the 8th treatment

did my 8th treatment on jan. 14th she did it at no charge and setup another treatment 10 weeks down the road, she said that this one also will be no charge. i let my hair grow out for 2 weeks to see how much hair i would have down there. just 2 small spots around the base of the penis. a little on the scrotum and a little area on the perineum. i'm very happy about this.:
JIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2009, 01:15 AM   #26
TanNaked32

Talking

Hey there everyone! I'm going for my 5th treatment on 02-13-09. I've been SO happy with the results! I can't really agree with the pain issue though. Didn't really have any! I'm doing everything except I'm leaving about a 3" x 2" patch of hair above my penis. I have hit and miss hair around the area so maybe 1 or 2 more. Yeaaah!!
TanNaked32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2009, 05:25 PM   #27
janicejan

LHR down below is not only for women, if you want your hair not to be seen while wearing your bikini briefs then don't be shy to try LHR, just endure a little bit of pain after than you will surely be satisfied with the results
Unread 11-13-2010, 09:20 PM   #28
SuperMac75

Smile

I had so far 9 laser sessions on my chest, belly and pubic areas such as penis, balls, and hole. So far the chest and belly are almost hairless with no hair growth between sessions. The pubic area has a bit more hair growth and they tend to be more painful when the laser gets the penis, balls and hole. The cost is quite high in compare to waxing. I went from shaving to laser directly. I have not tried waxing. The cost is a few thousands dollars for 6 sessions plus one year of maintenance sessions. I found laser to have very good results plus you get to be all naked for one hour with your laser tech girl (which knows your naked body all around). Itís quite hard not to get a hard on been all naked in front of the tech girl. Quite arousing. Some tech girl have been quite shy but this particular one (the one that always lasered me) is very interested that I get all parts hairless, which I like very much her idea! Money well spent!
SuperMac75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2010, 12:51 PM   #29
Lampino

I'm quite an active guy and found that my hairy privates were sweaty and smelly had lasered with mixed results. My bikini area is now smooth and think that maybe over did it because I only have a patch of pubic hair; however my scrotum is still somewhat hairy because the energy needed to achieve better results caused a high amount of pain. Anyway, I' satisfied with the results and use a Norelco groomer every week at my scrotum with acceptable results
Lampino is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2011, 08:33 PM   #30
Bboy

Thumbs up Getting the penis done

Hi guys.
I have a bit of a problem.
For a long time I've been wanting to get rid of the hair that grow on my penis (yes, on.. as in further up than at the root). I've felt so bad about this for such a long time that I almost frickin died when the laser removal centers started to tell me they didn't treat male genitals because of the risks related to this. The different clinics told me everything from that it 1. was alright to treat the entire body, 2. that they didn't do the treatment because of the risk of making me sterile, and some clinics also said that 3. it could make you impotent. This felt bad since getting rid of this hair has been one of my top priorities for a very long time... but impotent? who want to risk that, right?

I though about it for a really long time but then concluded that I had to do the treatment (on one of the clinics that actually wanted to obviously).

Now I'm in a bit of a shitty situation. I actually (I really do) feel like my impotence is less impressive since after my treatment (just had one). I have never had this problem before at all. I don't know, however, if this may derive from a physical damage of some sort (destroyed swell sacks?) or have a psychological explanation (as in me thinking about it and being depressed about it actually cause the problem in itself).

My question is really: Is it anyone of you guys who have actually treated the whole penis and not only at the root, and in that case, what's your experience? Anyone that have had the same problem as me?

Any answer is helpful.

Cheers.
Bboy is offline   Reply With Quote