4 laser hair removal

Go Back   4 Laser Hair Removal Forums > General Laser Hair Removal > Laser Hair Removal for Men

Unread 11-28-2008, 08:40 AM   #21
Latinkidmj

I agree with stormy. In a month I'll go in for my 5th treatment and so far so good. It may be my last one (I'm doing my entire face and neck) and its been almost 6 months now. My results are pretty impressive and I'd recommend it to anyone who can stand the pain.
Latinkidmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2009, 07:56 AM   #22
Latinkidmj

Well I recently went in and the laser (Candela GentleLase) I had been using wasn't working! So they put me on an nd:Yag (Candela GentleYag). We'll see how the shedding goes, but hopefully this will eliminate the remaining hair on my face. I noticed that the pain was much less but I'd rather more pain and better efficacy than less pain and more treatments. Hopefully this laser will be fixed by next month (which I'm hoping will be my last treatment).
Latinkidmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2009, 05:27 PM   #23
janicejan

A lot of males undergo LHR to remove unwanted hairs, its a norm nowadays and also the trend, actually my friend went to dallas to remove excess hair below and everything worked out fine for him, so better try it out also..
Unread 12-21-2009, 11:38 AM   #24
king

For personal reasons I would be more comfortable with a man doing Laser Hair Removal on me, but I haven't been able to find anywhere in Sydney with male technicians. I'm hoping there is one in the Sydney CBD or a suburb that is close to a railway station. Thanks
king is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2010, 12:04 AM   #25
themag33

Had a buddy get it done on his back actually. As for other body parts, I dont know of anyone personally but after reading this thread, I am actually surprised by the number of people who have.
Unread 01-10-2010, 04:46 AM   #26
Bent

Hey "Gvin Mcgregor" I have the same issue that you have regarding eczema on the scrotal area. Anyway I was wondering how everything went for you. Please reply.
Bent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2010, 10:18 PM   #27
Bentez

We are a clinic based in London and have male clients all the time for laser hair removal on various parts of the body - you'll be surprised how detailed our male clients are when it comes to removing body hair and so they should as the results they get are long lasting and beautiful.
Unread 04-25-2010, 11:49 PM   #28
Barcelona

From personal experience, I would recommend laser hair removal in general, but would say that you and your technician are going to have to have a lot of patience with the scrotum.

My hair/skin type is a good combination for laser in most places, and I found laser removal effective (if not as permanenent as I would have liked in some areas - that is a another topic though) almost everywhere. The scrotum was one of the least effective, however. I think this is for several reasons:

1) The skin tone issue - most of us have scrotal tissue which is darker than elsewhere on the body

2) Excessive concern about pain. The technicians seem afraid to use the laser on a setting anywhere near as strong as elsewhere on the body, for fear of causing too much pain, and in the process they reduce the effectiveness of the procedure. Well, to me the pain in the genital area is quite a bit LESS than on the chin or upper lip, for example, or even the feet for that matter. So, go ahead and crank that to the maximum setting, I say. But they won't do it.

3) Impatience. The technicians treat this area with a clinical detachment, yes, so there shouldn't be TOO much embarrassment involved, but there still seems to be a certain "ick" factor involved for the technicians and the client alike. As a result, it seems to me that they rush through this area. Well, the scrotum really requires a lot of patience to do it right. All stretched out, it is a very large area, and the hairs are sparsely distributed. It is also constantly stretching and contracting in response to temperature and touch, making it hard to keep track of what has been treated and what has not. Curiously, the technicians would mark on your back which areas had been treated and which had not, but they don't do that on the scrotum, ever. They can't possibly keep good track as to where they have been and where they haven't, and I think that honestly they probably missed a majority of the hairs in each session. There is also the problem of the penis getting in the way. Ideally there should probably be three people involved in treating this area - the client holding the penis out of the way and generally trying to act as comfortable as possible so that they don't rush through the procedure, one person stretching and holding the srotal skin with two hands, and another tech applying the laser.

Unfortunately, this is also an area which is very hard to treat yourself, so professional treatments are very advisable. Just be prepared to fork out the money for a LOT of treatments to finally get the area fully clear, and perhaps be somewhat proactive in insisting that the technician take all the time necessary to really do the area correctly.
Barcelona is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2011, 07:55 AM   #29
Bream

I have just impression, may be it is a myth, that generally men don't care about all this stuff )

Last edited by Bream; 06-13-2012 at 10:49 AM.
Bream is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2011, 05:17 AM   #30
xenium

i dont know any man ,... that one done
xenium is offline   Reply With Quote