4 laser hair removal

Go Back   4 Laser Hair Removal Forums > General Laser Hair Removal > Provider Recommendations

Unread 12-12-2005, 06:08 PM   #1
paris01

Default home laser kits

Has anyone ever used a home hair laser removal kit? I have been looking online trying to see if there is an inexpensive way to go. Before I order one I would like to know if anyone has ever used one at home and what were the results?
paris01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2005, 06:32 PM   #2
mami76

I would not trust myself trying to do laser removal at home ( : I looked online and there are a lot of different kits out there. Just make sure you get one that has a money back guarantee just in case it doesn't work out.
mami76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2008, 06:14 AM   #3
Figgy

Mmm, I'd care about the health ramifications more than the money back guarantee. Have you read some of the horror stories about badly trained people doing the laser treatments and causing horrific keloid scars, burns, and discolorations that lasted years (or for the rest of the person's life?) Do yourself a favor, either go to a professional or just wax it!
Figgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2008, 10:23 PM   #4
mom2manyboyz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figgy View Post
Mmm, I'd care about the health ramifications more than the money back guarantee. Have you read some of the horror stories about badly trained people doing the laser treatments and causing horrific keloid scars, burns, and discolorations that lasted years (or for the rest of the person's life?) Do yourself a favor, either go to a professional or just wax it!
I agree. Also, this discussion has beein on the forum before and I don't think you can technically do laser treatments at home. Not successfully anyway. In my younger days I purchased a "home electrolosis kit." It did nothing but cause scabs. It didn't remove the hair.
mom2manyboyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2008, 05:22 PM   #5
tater03

I agree that this would not be something that I would do myself at home. I would think that as this procedure becomes more mainstream you will start to see more at home kits on the market. I just would rather have someone that knows what they are doing and that would not be me.
tater03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2008, 02:05 AM   #6
SageMother

I would be more likely to use a home laser hair removal kit than I would a home electrolysis kit!
SageMother is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2008, 07:08 PM   #7
ammulu

I'm not sure if we can find one kit to get the treatment done at home, but it might be kind of risky to have the treatment at home. Better to have a professional perform this task.
ammulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2008, 01:18 AM   #8
trick-r-treat

A home laser kit? How would that work? I have seen home hair removal, but that was using strips, etc, not laser.
trick-r-treat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2008, 07:15 AM   #9
jessie72

Speaking for myself, I would not even touch a home laser hair removal kit. I agree with the others that it is best to have it done by a professional.
jessie72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2008, 10:31 PM   #10
SageMother

It could probably be used, easily, on the legs and maybe the forearms.

The chin might be difficult but between the eyes would be impossible. Looking in the mirror to figure out if you are zapping the right spot would be almost impossible!
SageMother is offline   Reply With Quote