4 laser hair removal

Go Back   4 Laser Hair Removal Forums > General Laser Hair Removal > General Laser Hair Removal Discussion

Unread 04-21-2008, 08:58 PM   #11
mollyL

Quote:
Originally Posted by mami76 View Post
If anyone has had any laser removal done can you tell me what it feels like? I have a hard time plucking my eyebrows
I have gotten quite shortsighted and can't even SEE the stray hairs that need plucking. I go and get my eyebrows waxed every six weeks or so, so it isn't a major expense. I don't know about laser; the smell of burning hair always makes me feel quite nauseous.
mollyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2008, 06:42 AM   #12
justjoy

After reading everybody's posts here, I think I'd stick with waxing. In fact I was considering having my bikini lines done, but now I'm thinking that perhaps I'll give it a miss! I think I could stand the laser treatment itself, but not the consequences...
justjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2008, 06:46 PM   #13
tater03

I have heard it is painful. I have been wanting to try it but am such a wimp that I just haven't yet. I am seriously thinking about just doing it. I mean the pain goes a way and doesn't last long from what I have heard.
tater03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2008, 09:11 PM   #14
mbtaluka

I never got it done but it was very painful thats what my aunt says as she got it done long time back (almost 3 yrs). I never wanted to go ahead with it as I am happy with my shaver rather than going in for treatment and pain.
mbtaluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2008, 08:19 AM   #15
Green-Moo

It depends where on the body you are having the treatment as different parts of the body are more sensitive than others. Imagine pulling a hair out with a pair of tweezers, its a bit like that. So if you do it on your eyebrow it doesn't hurt much but on your bikini line it does.
Green-Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2008, 06:13 PM   #16
ayeshaa

Because of Laser Removal convenience and minimal discomfort, laser treatment is a popular replacement for the conventional razors, electrolysis and waxing. As it is a procedure that mostly needs no anesthetic, you could immediately get back to your normal activities after.
ayeshaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2008, 06:33 PM   #17
mollyL

Markneal, do you mean LASIK as in the same laser device that has been used to fix nearsightedness in the eye?
mollyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2008, 01:39 PM   #18
Green-Moo

I was just wondering that myself, having just been reading up on having my eyes treated and knowing the name rang bells from somewhere!
Green-Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2008, 10:49 PM   #19
mom2manyboyz

Ok, I just saw this thread so I had to get my 2 cents in. It isn't like electrolosys where they are zapping each hair. It is a wide spread area. It feels like a sting or shock to me over a large area of my skin.
mom2manyboyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2008, 04:42 AM   #20
mtrent

Does The Amount Of Pain Not Depend On The Amount Of Hair That Is Removed At The Time?
mtrent is offline   Reply With Quote