4 laser hair removal

Go Back   4 Laser Hair Removal Forums > General Laser Hair Removal > Laser Hair Removal for Men

Unread 04-09-2008, 09:10 AM   #1
smoothie

Send a message via MSN to smoothie
Exclamation Do bro/brazillian laser pulses ever cause embarassment? The big "O"?

Hi there,
This may seem like a strange question.
I am a male that decided to go for laser hair removal treatment. I decided to get my brow, ear lobes and "private" area done and see how it turns out. May consider shoulders later.
Anyway, this is my concern. I have had 2 treatments so far and the settings were fairly low I believe. It felt like a mild zap and a little heat. I am having some treatments to my shaft to try to eleminate any hair growth on the lower area circling it. The lady doing the treatments informed me that next time the settings will be quite a bit higher when I go there.
I am concerned about possibly being embarassed if the pulses excite the nerves there somehow. I would find it embarassing if this were to happen. Does anybody know if it has happened to people receiving laser to this area ( a big "O ) and if it has happened to males. Is there some way to prevent this? Or is it a possible occurrence that the person doing the treatments realizes may occur and understands? Maybe it is more painful and will not cause nerve endings to tingle?
I am just a little nervous of something like this occurring I guess.
Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Last edited by smoothie; 04-11-2008 at 10:26 PM. Reason: improvements to wording
smoothie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2008, 07:01 PM   #2
mollyL

I would think that if that is a common problem, the lady working on you knows about it and how to handle it. Don't worry that she'll tell all her friends about it, techs have seen it all before a million times. As an assistant during thousands of "embarrassing" procedures, I know how it goes.
mollyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2008, 02:42 AM   #3
smoothie

Send a message via MSN to smoothie

Hi Molly,
Thanks for the reply. You are the only person that has done so yet. I am actually thinking of asking if I can go in a few minutes early for my next appointment to discuss a few things with the technician before the treatment. I would like to know what type of device she is using...I am pretty sure it is IPL, and also inquire about the previous settings and future settings as well as how many treatments she expects I will need. I am also not sure how she is judging the success of each treatment.
I will ask her to forgive me for getting an erection, as I have been trying to not do so to no avail. I expect most guys do get an erection anyway.
I think I will bring up the topic of orgasms during treatments to see if she has any information regarding it and also to see what she would like me to do if I think I feel an orgasm coming on. She seems very professional and I think if I tell her of my concern/fear she will probably know what to tell me to make me feel more at ease.
You mentioned you have witnessed thousands of "embarassing" procedures and you "know how it goes." What exactly do you mean by this? What types of embarassing procedures?
smoothie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2008, 07:49 PM   #4
mollyL

Smoothie, the good technician will take the time to answer all your worries, concerns, and questions. It would be good on your part to call and arrange the time for you to talk; that will help her if she has a busy schedule, so she can arrange the time.
mollyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2008, 03:00 AM   #5
oregonfpdoc

I think this is a two-issue question.

1. Erections. I suppose this could be a concern. In practical terms you could simply masturbate just before the treatment. Go in during your refractory period. Problem solved. It sounds like you are a bit erotically stimulated by the thought of the tech, the procedure, the pain or all three. Think of this as a medical procedure, which it is, rather than an erotic experience, which it most certainly should not be.

2. Orgasms. I cannot imaging any way that painfully administering laser delivered follicular death to the base of the penis or shaft or perineal area would stimulate the nerves in a way that would lead to orgasm. Not in my wildest dreams or fears. Don't worry.

My wife and I are about to go in for session #4 for our matching laser work. I've yet to have a concern, certainly never a problem
oregonfpdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2008, 11:27 AM   #6
Green-Moo

Smoothie, I imagine that if you have an erection it will be easier for the technician to get at the hair follicles, so s/he may actually welcome it! I'm sure it's not something new anyway, so don't worry about it. I think the more you think about the possibility of orgasm, the more you are turning it into a big deal in your own head. I feel that the chances are very slim, but you could always ask the technician to stop for a short while to allow the sensation to subside.
Green-Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2008, 01:25 AM   #7
tater03

I am sure if that were to happen you would not be the first one this has happened to. I am sure that they would be used to this if it is something that can happen. I have to ask though do that hurt to get done directly on the shaft?
tater03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2008, 02:15 PM   #8
l4snha

Talking

I too had the same concern. During my consultation I asked several leading questions about privacy. She reassured me with the number of male 'private area' treatments she had preformed and said,Ē Iíve seen it all, there is nothing that bothers me."
I would hope that any experienced technician would know how to keep any embarrassment to a minimum. In my case, all the area, including my scrotum, got treated before my penis. Your concerns are valid, but I didnít experience them.
Go for it! Being permanently smooth is so totally worth it!!
l4snha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2008, 06:45 PM   #9
SageMother

Remember,

An erection can have nothing to do with eroticism. It is part of your flight or fight with a huge surge of testosterone and adrenalin rushing in to prepare every possible muscle for an attack.

You would probably have the same reaction if you were about to get hit by a bus.
SageMother is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2008, 09:22 PM   #10
tater03

I am sorry but after reading your post Sage all I could think of is "Scared Stiff". So sorry but that's what popped into my head. lol
tater03 is offline   Reply With Quote