4 laser hair removal

Go Back   4 Laser Hair Removal Forums > General Laser Hair Removal > General Laser Hair Removal Discussion

Unread 05-05-2008, 07:43 PM   #1
chacha

Default Are anti-biotics harmful to the procedure?

I'm looking at an informational form right now, and it makes a big deal about the obvious problems (accutane, hormone therapy), but I also see that they ask about anti-biotics.

So, I'm wondering...is taking anti-biotics harmful when you're about to get hair removal? Why do they ask about it?
chacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2008, 04:20 AM   #2
mollyL

If you are taking antibiotics, you have an infection somewhere in your body that your doc is treating. It would be wise of the salon to want to know where the infection is located; they wouldn't want to be using a laser on, say, an infection in your leg.
mollyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2008, 04:30 AM   #3
chacha

That makes sense.

When I first saw it on the form, I was thinking..."sooo...if I catch a cold before procedure day and get put on anti-biotics, is my skin going to turn purple or something?"

But your explanation is clearly the more rational one.
chacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2008, 01:53 PM   #4
Green-Moo

I doubt the antibiotics would affect the proceedure, but the salon will be wanting to check that you are in good health and alert themselves to any potential problems before they start. Antibiotics would be a clue that there is a health problem they need to check about.
Green-Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2008, 09:44 PM   #5
riskey58

Thank you for explaining this. It helps to know this when you go. I can see why it is important.
riskey58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2008, 11:04 PM   #6
mom2manyboyz

Good thinking molly. I was stumped too, but your explanation certainly does make a lot of sense. They would want to know why you were needing the antibiotics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollyL View Post
If you are taking antibiotics, you have an infection somewhere in your body that your doc is treating. It would be wise of the salon to want to know where the infection is located; they wouldn't want to be using a laser on, say, an infection in your leg.
mom2manyboyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2008, 11:10 PM   #7
ammulu

It makes lot of sense mollyL, even I was wondering what would be the reason for asking about antibiotics. The moment I read the thread all sorts of thoughts went on in my mind, firstly may be is there is any problem they might check out the and provide some medicine too, after reading your post mollyL I felt that my thoughts are so stupid.
ammulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2008, 04:31 PM   #8
tater03

Yes that does make sense. When I first read this thread I was curious to know why that would be asked. Now it does make sense.
tater03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2008, 09:05 PM   #9
mbtaluka

These questions are commonly asked whenever there is any treatment performed. I think they would get a clear picture of your health and would be able to understand if there is any harm with this treatment.
mbtaluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2008, 03:28 AM   #10
ammulu

Yeah surely gives a clear picture of the health of the person and the medications he or she is on, this makes them to perform treatment more easily I guess.
ammulu is offline   Reply With Quote