4 laser hair removal

Go Back   4 Laser Hair Removal Forums > General Laser Hair Removal > Laser Hair Removal for Men

Unread 11-09-2008, 11:43 PM   #1
SIDUDE

Default Hair Removal Failure

I am a 47 yo Male, I live in NYC, I began hair removal on my Back, Neck and Shoulders in 2005. I was told I was a prime candidate because of my skin and hair color. The cosmetic group Lite Touch gave me a guarantee of 3 years with the 6 prescribed treatments. I have been in treatment for almost 3 years and not only is the hair not been removed but I now have more hair in areas I did not have it before. I went to confirm my appointment for this month and now the company has gone out of business. They claim the practice is being taken over by another group, however when I contacted them they are refusing to accept me as a client.

As a word of caution to men contemplating hair removal, it is not a pleasant procedure to have to go through for two or more years, and the result are mixed at best. Looks like I got screwed out of a few thousand dollars.
SIDUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2008, 06:03 PM   #2
Chris
Administrator

I definitely prefer a guarantee of hair being gone or free touchups until it is. It often does take longer than they say for many people.

Also, some of it can come down to the skill of the operator and the equipment, not all is created equal. It is almost a business fad right now and there is little regulation on it (technically, a psychiatrist could perform laser hair removal). So quality of service can definitely vary.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2008, 07:05 PM   #3
SIDUDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I definitely prefer a guarantee of hair being gone or free touchups until it is. It often does take longer than they say for many people.

Also, some of it can come down to the skill of the operator and the equipment, not all is created equal. It is almost a business fad right now and there is little regulation on it (technically, a psychiatrist could perform laser hair removal). So quality of service can definitely vary.

What good is a guarantee if the company goes out of business.
Unread 11-11-2008, 11:58 PM   #4
stormy

Hey SIDUDE. Sorry to hear about your problem. I am curious as to what type of laser you were being treated with. I have had success with my laser hair removal treatments but my concern about the company I am dealing with going bankrupt is always in the back of my mind. That is why I won't purchase treatment packages anymore. I was told if I don't purchase the treatment packages I don't qualify for the guarantee. Based upon your experience, I'll pay as I go and hopefully avoid getting screwed.
stormy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2008, 03:39 AM   #5
pekkle626

I've been screwed by lite touch laser! they didnt even tell me that they were going bankrupt..only that laser cosmetica woudl be handling us!! I am so furious....couple of thousand down the drain! there are hundreds of us
pekkle626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2008, 06:23 PM   #6
SIDUDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by pekkle626 View Post
I've been screwed by lite touch laser! they didnt even tell me that they were going bankrupt..only that laser cosmetica woudl be handling us!! I am so furious....couple of thousand down the drain! there are hundreds of us
We should sue them in a class action suit
Unread 11-21-2008, 01:58 AM   #7
Paola29

Default I've also been screwed

I had several packages with Lite Touch Laser, thousands of dollars! They told me Laser Cosmetica was going to honor their contracts but that does not seem to be the case, according to Laser Cosmetica they are just doing a favor to Lite Touch clients (Which I do not understand at all) but they have no obligation.

I know they are hundreds of people in this situation, we should get together and sue Lite Touch Laser. Meanwhile, please send a complaint to Better Business Bureau (www.bbb.org)to see if they can do something.
Paola29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2008, 07:01 PM   #8
Mike

I just received the same phone call. The message was "you have a tattoo removal appt on Wednesday, however, we are out of business. Another Dr. will be calling you soon.

However, I called the 888-527-3799 number and the girl who answered said they took over all of the hair removal business.

If they do not call me (which I have a feeling they will not) I am out about $750 (3 remaining sessions). If anyone is going to put together a class action suit, I am in. $750 isnt anything to sneeze at in this economic climate. Plus, the principal of it, services unrendered.. Good luck
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2008, 02:37 AM   #9
Chris
Administrator

You could just file a small claims suit.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2008, 07:20 PM   #10
pekkle626

Angry Filled a report

I filled a complaint with BBB for Lite touch laser and Laser Cosmetica. It seems to me that there is something very sketchy going on between these two companies. I even spoke to the president of laser cosmetica, Ryan Bloch. He had very very little knowledge of what is going on. They hate me at laser cosmetica because I keep calling to find out information. What bothers me the most is that this is not like buying a sofa. This has do with our skin and bodies. How can Laser Cosmetica extend such a BIG courtesy if it is not a goood business decision. They are picking and choosing who they are going to treat over the phone. Apparently Lite Touch was supposed to send over all of our files to Laser Cosmetica almost 2 months ago. After the first month I called both companies, Lite touch told me they still had my file and Laser cosmetica told me that they had to physically go and pick our files. In the end I had to beg Lite Touch to fax me over my file and my mom's file. If Laser Cosmetica is doing us a favor why would they go as far as telling their employees to go and physically pick up the files of patients that they have no intention of even treating.

WE PAID FOR SERVICES WE NEVER RECIEVED, NOT ONLY THAT BUT IT IS AFFECTING THE RESULTS OF OUR TREATMENTS.

I JUST WANT MY TREATMENTS!!!!!!!!!
pekkle626 is offline   Reply With Quote