4 laser hair removal

Go Back   4 Laser Hair Removal Forums > General Laser Hair Removal > Laser Hair Removal for Women

Unread 12-01-2005, 01:59 AM   #1
Rita

Default First steps?

What are the first steps to having a laser hair removal procedure? Once, I was in a beauty salon having my hair done and this lady came in for laser removal. The person qualified to give it wasn't there and this lady was mad because she said she had to go one week without shaving. Is that true?? Do you need to let the hair grow out before it can be lasered?

Rita
Rita is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2005, 02:39 AM   #2
KimG

Oh no! I am so hoping you aren't right! I don't want to let hair grow out, like facial hair and then walk in to get it removed. Can they just find the folicle or whatever it's called?

Kim
KimG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2005, 04:16 AM   #3
Valerie

Please, someone answer this. I doubt I will follow through with laser removal if I need to do this. This would not look pretty on my face.

Val
Valerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2008, 09:53 PM   #4
riskey58

You mean you are telling me that you have to let your hair grow out before you can have it done. I did not realize this.
riskey58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2008, 07:26 PM   #5
mollyL

Just a guess here. I don't think you need growing hair, coz as was mentioned, they are after the hair follicle and not the hair itself.
mollyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2008, 11:18 PM   #6
ammulu

I don't think there is a need for growing hair, it might be just that it shouldn't be totally shaved just before the treatment I guess. Hope this turns out to be true and what you mentioned isn't true.
ammulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2008, 04:29 PM   #7
tater03

I do believe that you should not have just shaved. At least that was what I thought I had read on here in another thread.
tater03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2008, 09:44 PM   #8
riskey58

I want to thank you for all your help. I didn't think that you would have to grow your hair out. I can understand not shaving before you go to have it done.
riskey58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2008, 08:56 PM   #9
mollyL

Quote:
Originally Posted by tater03 View Post
I do believe that you should not have just shaved. At least that was what I thought I had read on here in another thread.
That sounds more like the rational answer, Tater. Your skin would have to go through two rough procedures.
mollyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2008, 09:11 PM   #10
mbtaluka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita View Post
What are the first steps to having a laser hair removal procedure? Once, I was in a beauty salon having my hair done and this lady came in for laser removal. The person qualified to give it wasn't there and this lady was mad because she said she had to go one week without shaving. Is that true?? Do you need to let the hair grow out before it can be lasered?

Rita
Hey Rita, check out this site for simple tips. The do's and don't before the laser treatment are mentioned in simple and clear manner. Hope it would of some help to all here. http://www.hairremovalforum.com/guid...tment-tips.htm
mbtaluka is offline   Reply With Quote