4 laser hair removal

Go Back   4 Laser Hair Removal Forums > General Laser Hair Removal > Laser Hair Removal for Women

Unread 05-18-2008, 04:32 PM   #11
gnandita1

Thanks for the information.I will forward these information to my brother.
gnandita1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2008, 08:05 PM   #12
tater03

Thank you for the link to the tips. I will have to check it out. Thanks for sharing it.
tater03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2008, 01:55 PM   #13
jessie72

I am considering having the hairs on my leg removed permanently via laser treatment. I know it can get quite costly so I'm starting to save for it!

Last edited by Chris; 04-25-2009 at 09:04 PM.
jessie72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2008, 03:12 AM   #14
mbtaluka

I checked out the link Jessie, it has good information that has been very helpful. Thank you.
mbtaluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2008, 05:18 PM   #15
Green-Moo

Good link Jessie, thanks very much for sharing. It's a hard subject to find out about, I'm discovering.
Green-Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2008, 11:34 PM   #16
Wendy

Send a message via Skype™ to Wendy

No, you dont have to let the hair grow out. It actually has to be freshly shaven/clipped/trimmed prior to the treatment. letting the hair grow out is for waxing. sometimes, at the consultation the technician may want there to be visible hair just to give you an accurate price based on your specific needs. but prior to the treatment if you dont have it as close as possible to the skin, the tech will have to shave it off as it will leave a burn there if it is longer than stubble.

Wendy

Wendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2008, 01:08 AM   #17
Morticia

[QUOTE=Wendy;2008]No, you dont have to let the hair grow out. It actually has to be freshly shaven/clipped/trimmed prior to the treatment. letting the hair grow out is for waxing. sometimes, at the consultation the technician may want there to be visible hair just to give you an accurate price based on your specific needs. but prior to the treatment if you dont have it as close as possible to the skin, the tech will have to shave it off as it will leave a burn there if it is longer than stubble.

Wendy

Wendy is it true that plucking stimulates hair growth and makes the situation worse? I have been plucking my chin hair for many many years prior to LHR a few days ago and I think over the years the hair has increased because of this .. shaving only scrapes whats on the surface so it doesn't increase hair but I read somewhere that plucking causes blood to flow to the surrounding follicles of the hair that was plucked and that flow or supply feeds the follicles and stimluates them and therefore leads to them growing hair to protect the the area that was plucked. Does this sound credible?

Morticia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2008, 06:56 PM   #18
Wendy

Send a message via Skype™ to Wendy

Morticia, good question. hair is only stimulated by hormones. you have probably been tweezing for a long time, during this time your hormones have made changes. (tweezing the eyebrow hair doesnt make you have more). Most women are experiencing hair growth on the face... for many reasons. Hormones were introduced to milk and cattle when we were young, it has recently changed, but the damage is done. But to answer your question, tweezing over a long period of time will actually thin the hairs because it will damage the follicle, and making small amount of scar tissue at the blood supply.but it is important to pull IN the direction of the hair growth. Now for the downside to tweezing, over time it damages the skin, it can cause hyperpigmentation, thickening of skin. So to get rid of one problem you are creating another one. It depends which will bother you more. this is why alot of people have turned to Laser Hair removal.
It sucks to have to shave during the treatments, but if you are going to a place with good equipment (not an IPL) you will get wonderful results, and will see a significant difference after the first treatment.

wendy

Wendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2008, 05:29 AM   #19
aiman123
Banned

Two to three days before your laser hair removal treatment you will be required to shave the area to be treated. This is due to the fact that laser hair removal is only effective on short but visible hair.

TQ
aiman123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2009, 02:27 PM   #20
liposuctionguide

I started researching laser hair removal about six months before undergoing my first treatment.

During my research, I found many websites with a wealth of information about the types of lasers used, how they worked, the cost of the procedure, and before & after pictures.

Unfortunately, when it came to details of how your skin and hair looked or felt during the treatment, there was nothing to be found.